Saturday, April 5, 2008

Brandon

First leg complete! 1100 miles from Miami to Morgan City to see my good buddy Brandon, who is kindly letting me crash in his house. Caught up with Travis too, and have spent the night at Brandon's girlfriend's dad's house scoffing bbq steaks and listening to firefighting stories - he reckons he can set me up with staying at firehouses on my route maybe!

Well here's some photos, me at the start of a ride, look a lot less perky at the end:



Brandon and Travis:



Brandon demonstrates how proud he is of his new boat:

I'm a bit disappointed actually. I thought i stank of sweat and oil, but Brandon tells me when I got in his truck there was a strong smell of coconut butter from the suncream! Also I met some fire ants for the first time today.

Brandon lovingly serenades his girlfriend Hallie with his rendition of that song from Top Gun:


He's promised to lend me his laptop so i'll sort out some pics later. Oh yeah, i also had the most dangerous part of my ride today, crossing the mississippi (or however you spell it) on the Sunshine Bridge which had zero provision for cyclists. Terrifying.


Laters!

No comments: